Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Vnosov: 61263

Odgovor To dec 19, 2017 07:09

Re: The Muscle Prof Academy II

What is the best preworkout?
-
It depends on your goals and your training!
-
On high volume, hypertrophy days you want to use supplements which increase the pump, cell swelling, and blood flow. You also want to decrease stimulants because these can restrict the pump.
-
On heavy days you want supplements which stimulate the central nervous system and allow you to maximally lift heavy weight.
-
Tune in tomorrow for the best central nervous system supplements to take preworkout!

Slika
Vabljeni na moje spletne strani: www.gaspergrom.com
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor To dec 19, 2017 19:45

When lifting heavy, your goal is to go into the gym focused so you can lift as heavy as you can. Supplements such as tyrosine, alpha-GPC, ketones, and caffeine may help improve focus and stimulate the central nervous system to enable you to lift heavy.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Sr dec 20, 2017 19:17

Yesterday we discussed the best central nervous system (CNS) supplements to allow you to lift heavy. Today we are going to discuss the supplements you should take to maximize the pump!
-
Why should you not consume high amounts of stimulants before a pump workout? The reason is that supplements such as caffeine and yohimbine may restrict blood vessels, which opposes your goals when trying to get a pump.

-
Instead, you should use supplements such as citrulline malate, beet root, hydromax, and agmatine to get a huge pump in the gym and grow

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe dec 22, 2017 06:25

Much of my career has been based around maximizing human performance. Through my research I have found post workout recovery starts before you get to the gym. This is why I would recommend supplements such as BCAAs, phosphatidic acid, creatine, HMB, and phosphatidylserine prior to training because they will help you optimize your goals.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe dec 22, 2017 18:39

This week's workout of the week targets your hamstrings & calves.

If you want to have hamstrings like Craig Capurso from today's hamstring anatomy quiz, try this and you'll be well on your way!

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor To dec 26, 2017 22:12

How do you target your different muscle fibers? As you know, we have two primary types of muscle fibers including type I & type II. Both should be trained differently.
-
Type I muscle fibers are more fatigue resistant, therefore you should target these fibers with higher reps, shorter rest periods, and complex training styles such as supersets and giant sets.
-
Type II muscle fibers are different than type I because they can fatigue more easily. However, they can generate much more force to move heavier weight. Therefore, to target these muscle fibers, you should use lower reps, but heavier weight and longer rest periods.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe dec 29, 2017 17:02

If you recall from yesterday, we discussed the different types of muscle fibers and how they should be trained. Today, we put that knowledge into action.
-
The biceps are 60% fast twitch (type II) and 40% slow twitch (type I). This means, 3 of every 5 workouts, you should train the biceps with heavier weight in a lower rep range to maximize growth. The other 2 out of 5 workouts, you should train the biceps with lower weight but higher reps to grow!
-
Also, do not forget to change up your biceps exercises!

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe dec 29, 2017 17:03

The trapezius (traps) are a difficult muscle to target because there are 3 different sections including the upper, middle, and lower traps. Their actions are to rotate, retract, and adduct the scapula (shoulder blade). During overhead pressing or pulling movements, you are engaging the traps. However, just like any muscle, if you really want it to grow, you have to make sure you dedicate some time to it.
-
The traps are 55% slow twitch and 45% fast twitch. Therefore, you should perform an even split of heavy and light weight, 1-3 times per week.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe dec 29, 2017 17:04

This week we have discussed muscle fibers and how you should target them through various movements. Today, let's talk about grip width.
-
When performing overhead pressing movements, such as a military press, grip width does make a difference!
-
If you use a close grip, you are going to put more focus on the anterior (front) deltoids.
-
If you use a wider grip, you are going target the lateral deltoids because you have greater shoulder abduction, such as doing a lateral dumbbell raise. A wider grip will also require more involvement of the traps (refer to yesterday's post).

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor So dec 30, 2017 18:17

Whose goal is to grow their booty going into 2018?
-
Today's workout of the week is a great start!

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Sr jan 03, 2018 12:06

Tag a friend who loves chasing the pump!
-
Have you ever tried blood flow restriction (BFR) training?
-
BFR is a resistance training style where you restrict blood flow to a limb. This can be achieved with a tourniquet, knee wrap, or a kaatsu wrap. It helps increase muscle growth through a build up of lactic acid in the muscle, which we know triggers muscle growth. When doing BFR you want to wrap the limbs at a perceived pressure of 6-7 out of 10 where 10 feels like there is no blood flow to the limb.
-
Aim for a rep range of 20-30 with short rest periods (30 seconds) in between each set.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Če jan 04, 2018 13:34

Yesterday we discussed blood flow restriction (BFR) training and how tight you should wrap. The question is, how heavy should you train? Research shows lifting around 40% of your 1RM is optimal to elicit muscle growth. Try adding 3-4 sets of BFR 2-3 days a week and let me know how much you grow!

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe jan 05, 2018 09:57

We've discussed BFR this week in The Muscle PhD Academy.
-
We know you can restrict an arm or leg and it will grow with BFR, but what about its effects on non-restricted muscles?
-
This research shows wrapping the arms and performing bench press can cause growth in the chest! We believe this is the case because the buildup of lactic acid causes activation helper muscles (synergistic muscles) to move the weight.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor Pe jan 05, 2018 17:28

I'm creating a new movement. I am calling it international chest Friday.

Slika
<< x

Grom

Uporabniški avatar

Šefe

Odgovor So jan 06, 2018 17:20

A common question I get is, "If I am not lifting heavy doing BFR, how do my muscles grow? Do you not need muscle damage for growth?"
-
The answer is no. My research shows doing BFR and lifting at 30% of your 1RM increases muscle thickness, but does not cause muscle damage! This is because your muscles swell, which we know causes muscle growth.

Slika
PrejšnjaNaslednja

Vrni se na Vse o vadbi v fitnes centru

Kdo je prisoten

Po forumu brska: 0 registriranih uporabnikov in 1 gost

Iso Whey Zero praznični odprodaja DARILO ob nakupu Maxximum Pure Whey okus jabolko/cimet